High Energy Laser Therapy (HELT) is a drug-free, surgery-free and non-invasive use of laser energy to treat damaged tissue for the relief of pain and the promotion of healing. HELT helps to accelerate the recovery process for a wide range of acute and chronic clinical conditions, as well as aiding reduction of post-surgical pain and decreasing inflammation.
The main goal of HELT is to stimulate cells to perform their natural functions, but at an enhanced rate. Unlike pharmacological treatments that simply mask pain or only address symptoms, HELT treats the underlying condition to promote healing. HELT is applied using a simple, ergonomic handpiece applied to the target area.
HELT differs from Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) in that it requires the use of a Class IV laser, with a typical power output of at least 10W CW (continuous wave). This type of laser is normally used for medical surgery and the higher power results in faster treatment times and a warm & comfortable sensation for the patient.
Benefits of HELT for the Patient
- Pain-free treatment
- Easy to use
- Speeds natural healing
- Helps reduce pain
- Safe, Effective & Affordable
Benefits of HELT for the Veterinary Practice
- Versatility – our lasers are suitable for laser surgery as well as therapy
- Effectiveness – the benefits of laser therapy have been shown in numerous studies and from the results of actual use by veterinarians
- Attract new clients – if you don’t, your competitors will
- Help to keep your existing client base by offering them a new modality
- Increase your practice’s revenue